Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vox Clamantis In Deserto

I wrote this back in May 1987. I saw this saying in the newspaper and fell in love with it. It means "The voice of one crying in the wilderness"
---------------
Alone among the trees and animals, sitting amongst some rocks, crying, I found my inner self.
I approached the figure, slowly. scared and confused.
I reached out and asked why it was crying. It turned to me, stared into my eyes and uttered "Don't you know"?
Confused, I sat next to it and a feeling of remorse came over me. I saw every moment of my life. The good and the bad. The good being outnumbered.
I came back and looked at my inner self. Slowly we became one and I alone was in the wilderness crying.
If you come across my secret place, listen.
Vox Clamantis In Deserto

No comments:

Post a Comment