Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eu te amo

As we hold hands and laugh on a winter day should I envision myself as a snow flake landing on you, so that I might permeate your skin, your soul, your heart,and be with you always......
Or
Should I envision myself on the other end of a phone call agreeing with you that this long distance will never be shortened and friendship will be painful. Dropping the phone, dropping myself onto the carpet hating that you are so far away, that I am a coward......
Or
Should I envision myself showing up at your door, listening to my inner voice that is telling me you are the missing part of me. I knock and you slowly open the door. Your reaction at seeing me is to jump into my arms and hold me tight. Your touch puts aside any questions I may have had, any second thoughts. Arm and Arm we walk into your house and close the door on the world as we open it to our future......
Or
Should I let the lose of you, of your love, my cowardice winning over my desires, lead me to not caring about life, my apartment, my body, My attitude. Not cared for, not caring......
The morning arrives with a beautiful sunrise. Solitude and Peace greet me. I settle in the drivers seat of my car. My life and job have become nothing more then a dead end boring circus. My love for you has remained and my heart aches with the emptiness. The car started, I pull out of the driveway and onto the empty highway. Towards......

No comments:

Post a Comment